School hours are 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Arrival & Breakfast:
Breakfast is available daily in each building.
- Breakfast starts at 8:15am in the cafeteria except for Kindergarten, they will eat in their homeroom.
- The school hours are from 8:15am-2:30pm. Please make sure your child arrives on time.
- Families are welcome to walk their child to their classroom if they arrive between 8:15 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
After that time students will be tardy.
- Once you have dropped off your child, we are asking families to please exit the building promptly so instruction may begin at 8:30 a.m.
- All K0/1, K2, Grades 1 & 2 students will be met by their teacher in front of the Pershing Road performance area on the first day of school. They will file into school on the remaining days.
- We are asking Kindergarten parents not to enter the classroom for the first week of school to help acclimate the child to their new environment; this has worked very well for our students in the past. Starting September 21st, families are welcome to escort their child to the classroom.
- Students in grades 3-8 will enter through the Centre Street Entrance and proceed to homeroom.
Dismissal & Pick-up: 2:30 p.m.
- K0, K1, and grade 1 walkers will be dismissed from Pershing Road in front of the Kindergarten performance area.
- K2 walkers will be dismissed from the Pershing Road side playground.
- Bus students in grades K0 through K2 will be escorted from their classroom to their assigned bus. Bus students in grades 1-5 will report to their bus room and will be escorted by a teacher or staff member to their assigned bus.
- All walkers in grades 2-8 are escorted out to the Center Street front yard exit.
- Families of walkers should wait outside the Centre Street exit gates and not in the driveway of the condominiums next door.
- Students are dismissed at 2:30pm. Please keep in mind that arrival and dismissal are busy times of the day. We are asking all families to remain outside during dismissal.
- Be sure to adhere to traffic and parking laws and do not use staff parking lot at any point during the school day.
The Curley offers a before- and after-school program known as CASP. If you would like more information please contact its director, Torri Canada at 617-777-9330, or visit CASP’s information page.